Marlborough, Mass., December 7, 2015 – A high-profile conference for Boston-area women will host Marlborough-based Hologic and its 40-foot 3D MAMMOGRAPHY™ bus, a hands-on display of the latest innovation in breast cancer screening.
Hologic’s 3D MAMMOGRAPHY™ bus is a walk-through tour and information center for women to learn about a new kind of mammogram, which clinical studies have shown can detect 41 percent more invasive breast cancers than conventional methods, while simultaneously reducing unnecessary patient call-backs by up to 40 percent.1,2,3.
The bus is open to the public on December 9 and 10 inside the Boston Convention Center as part of the 11th annual Massachusetts Conference For Women, an event designed to inspire, motivate and promote networking for women. More than 10,000 women are expected to attend this year’s conference. Featured speakers include Shonda Rhimes, Dartmouth College grad and writer-creator of television hits such as ABC’s Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, and Grey’s Anatomy; fashion mogul Diane von Furstenberg; Chef Jody Adams; and New Yorker critic Emily Nussbaum, among others.
“Hologic’s products provide early detection of breast cancer, cervical cancer and osteoporosis, giving women a fighting chance against these all-too-common health challenges,” said Ali Bebo, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, who is representing the Company at the conference. “We brought our experience-driven mammography bus to this year’s conference to help women take charge of their health through the many innovative diagnostics technologies that are available to them.”
At the conference, Hologic also will feature products from the company’s Diagnostics, GYN Surgical, and Skeletal Health divisions.
- In Diagnostics, Hologic will feature its ThinPrep® Pap test, Aptima® HPV (Human Papillomavirus) assay, and fetal fibronectin test (fFN) for determining the risk of pre-term birth.
- Highlighting Skeletal Health, women will be able to explore Hologic’s next-generation Horizon™ bone scan technology.
- Experts from Hologic’s GYN Surgical group will share solutions for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding (AUB), including NovaSure® and MyoSure®.
Two Hologic executives also will speak at the conference:
- Tracy Accardi, Vice President, Research and Development, is slated to participate on the panel, Strategies to Stand Out, Step Up and Get Noticed in a Male-Dominated Environment.
- Lori Fontaine, Vice President, Clinical Affairs, will speak on the Health and Wellness stage on Understanding Women’s Preventive Healthcare.
Hologic, Inc. is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostic products, medical imaging systems and surgical products. The Company's core business units focus on diagnostics, breast health, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. With a unified suite of technologies and a robust research and development program, Hologic is dedicated to The Science of Sure. For more information, visit www.hologic.com.
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
References: 1. Friedewald S, Rafferty E , Rose S, et al. “Breast Cancer Screening using Tomosynthesis in Combination with Digital Mammography.” Journal of the American Medical Association. 2014 July;311(24): 2499-2507. Epub 2014 June 24. 2. Skaane P, Bandos A, Gullien R, et al. “Comparison of Digital Mammography Alone and Digital Mammography Plus Tomosynthesis in a Population-based Screening Program.” Radiology. 2013 Apr; 267(1):47-56. Epub 2013 Jan 7 3. Rose S, Tidwell A, Bujnock L, et al. “Implementation of Breast Tomosynthesis in a Routine Screening Practice: An Observational Study.” American Journal of Roentengenology. 2013 Jun; 200(6): 1401-1408. Epub 2013 May 22.